Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It has been some time

Well hello to everyone who has proabbly stoped checking this. I am getting way to far behind to not write things down, so here is a little summary of my life since the last post. Well when i last wrote i was in the beautiful Queenstown. Now i am still in oxford but i did just get back from church serving week. We broke up into our outreach teams for a week and went to towns surrounding the base and served a church the whole week, it was pretty much a little week long mission trip. I was in my Fiji team, if you were not aware i will be going to Fiji for the outreach phase. I know how cool is that, however it will not be a huge long vacation but a real mission trip. We will be going to small villages hopefully and ministering there. Oh yeah we also get to work with Impact World Tour. It will be going through Fiji the time we are there, if you are not sure what it is go google it.
So back to church serving week. Team Fiji helped out Grace Vineyard Church, it was a huge church with the kids pilled high in their rooms due to the lack of space. We painted a home, helped out a food organization, gave food to the hungry, worked with after school programs and spoke at small groups. The most exciting time for me was speaking to their youth group of about 150 people. Yeah it was a little intense, i gave a portion of my testimony and talked about trusting God. I think God just knocke me out and spoke for me because they all seemed to like it afterward. The youth here are on fire for God. There is a passion in the voice and their heart for the thi gs of God. It is great to see and i think God is going to move ina huge fashion in New Zealand and especially Christchurch NZ where this church is located. People here are not satisfied with the same old religion and God of the past. They want more and are asking for more, and god says if you ask you will recieve!!! So keep your eyes and ears open for works of God to happen in New Zealand.
I stayed with an amazing family in town and they just made me feel like a family member. The daughter of the family who is my age made things a little awkard at first, because she explained to me that she was not to happy with Americans, and that the are a loud group who really don't care much about others. Right, boy was i excited. I am not loud in the least bit huh? Well it all worked out great and i think i may have made her start to think differently about us loud North Americans. So i spent a whole week in a real town here in New Zealand where the only lamb i saw was the one on my plate. Boy, was he/she tatsy. Well i need to get a going now but I will write a heap more in a little bit and even try to post some pictures.
I LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU TONS. Please keep me in your prayers and I shall for real do they same.
liz

5 comments:

on_the_way said...

Most "newsworthy" of your meeting me was the difficulties that I had experienced at my own DTS? I sound like a bit of an ogre, I'm sorry about that my dear

Anonymous said...

first of all...we still read this :) and second, you said "heap" at the end of your blog. hahaha! you're starting to pick up their lingo. i know this only because i also say "heap" because of the stupid aussie in india. glad it's going well....miss you tons....live it up!!

Anonymous said...

i must agree with syd...i check your blog quite regularly to make sure i'm up to date on your life. also, i'm not sure if fiji is a good idea to visit you if you're in the backwoods in lil villages. how would that work exactly? :) love ur face...rock nz!

Unknown said...

you sound like you're having a blast liz

./jealous!

Anonymous said...

I Liz, I remember you often. Wish I were there.

Ron Klass